[CLUE-Tech] Re: ugly math crunching

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Tue Oct 26 11:23:22 MDT 2004

The problem is part hairy math, part search and can easily be decomposed
to take advantage of threads, processes, etc.

We went with the dual opterons.  So my follow up question is whether to
install debian amd64 or gentoo.  I like debian, but I am curious about
gentoo.  Also, since this box is dedicated to number crunching, it seems
that I would only need the basic system and enough to run my software --
I am thinking this will prevent me from needing a complete gentoo
install should I go that route.

-Dale