[CLUE-Tech] Fedora Core 2 NFS server

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 20:44:17 MDT 2004

Hi,

I have a Fedora Core 2 box that I wanted to allow nfs
mounts from a number of non Fedora boxes and have run
into some fun. Unfortunately I have lost the specific
errors given I was just trying to get the problem
relieved quickly. I have done some searching and it
seems to be a common problem getting the nfs-utils
package that comes with FC2 working. In fact I think
all references to solutions that I found from googling
had to do with FC2 to FC2 .... I am trying to mount a
volume from FC2 to Solaris 9 ...

I suspect the problem is related to the NFS V4 support
... not that important to me at this point given the
howto I found assumed that the client and server boxen
were FC2 ...

The "solution" I am working on now is to just install
the FC1 distributed version of nfs-utils (working for
this task).

Anybody encountered this and know how to configure the
NFS utils from FC2 for use with other client
platforms.
Its one of those things were I intended to get
something done quickly (here on the Solaris box) and
ended up opening Pandora's box:)
For now it is just an irritant for me. Another
unfortunate thing is that the bundled docs with the
RPM are pretty dated ....

-Mike