[CLUE-Tech] reverse DNS

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Sep 10 10:59:35 MDT 2004

 From what I understand, you only need it for things like this:

[staver at fimble staver]$ host 64.242.89.19
19.89.242.64.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer timmy.globaltaxnetwork.com

Basically, it makes logs easier to read :)  Without it, you'd have a
bunch of numbers and I think it's helpful to see domain names attached
to these numbers when I'm doing things like checking out logs.