[CLUE-Tech] reverse DNS

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Sep 13 16:02:27 MDT 2004

Charles Oriez wrote:

> Spamhaus had a come to jesus meeting with Savvis that got them to
> clean up their act.  EV1 seems to be terminating spammers finally.
> Ditto for Cogentco.  Even China seems to be cracking down.  I'm
> definitely starting to see a trend now where I am removing more ISPs
> from my local blocks than I am adding.  When we get to the point where
> all the spammers have to host on a small handful of ISPs, the rest of
> us can firewall that small set, they can spam each other to perdition
> without bothering us, and the problem goes away.

Savvis *announced* that they would be cleaning up their act.  They have
not done so, yet.  There is a difference.  (i.e. Free advertising.)

There was an interesting discussion pointing out that it will probably
take Savvis a year to actually execute on their press release
information on the NANOG list.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com