[CLUE-Tech] Not very refreshing...

dan radom dan at radom.org
Tue Sep 21 15:26:10 MDT 2004

* dan radom (dan at radom.org) wrote:
> * David Willson (DLWillson at TheGeek.NU) wrote:
> > Running into a problem....  I'm working on my Linux box over VNC, and finding
> > that the refresh, though cleaner than the Windows version (no screen relics, too
> > speak of) is so infrequent that the CLI, and any editor is nearly unusable,
> > because I have to wave/move my mouse to get a refresh to happen.  Very
> > frustrating...  Any ideas?
> >

> learn to use the command line interface.  behold the power of $SHELL!

As others have pointed out there are very capable text based browsers out
there.  both w3m and links support full graphics, and links even supports
tabs.

To me it doesn't make much sense to browse the web over a VNC session,
but to each their own.  Why not use the local machine for that kind of
thing.