[CLUE-Tech] Not very refreshing...

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 17:08:19 MDT 2004

On 09-21 14:36, David Willson wrote:
> Dan, lynx sux.  And so does wget, don't even go there.  I am using the Linux box
> for email and web-editing while beating the tar out of the Windows box hosting
> the VNC viewer.  Straight SSH is not an option at this time.

Can you port forward your X apps over to the Windoze box? Cygwin has X for
Windoze, so you can ssh to your box from GNOME on Windoze, start up your
app(s) and run inside there. Depending on horsepower (esp.  RAM) of the
Windoze box, you might be in business.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
When I was a young man, I vowed never to marry until I found the ideal woman.
Well, I found her -- but alas, she was waiting for the ideal man.
-Robert Schuman