[CLUE-Tech] graphics card recommendation

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. jnagyjr at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Mon Sep 27 16:19:54 MDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 02:40:02PM -0600, Jed S. Baer wrote the following:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:19:50 -0600
> Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Both nvidia and ati release binary linux drivers for their cards, but
> > based on my reading in various mail lists, nvidia do a better job (tm)
> > than ati.
>
> Then again, if you don't actually need all the latest gee-whiz stuff from
> the latest nvidia or ati cards, would a Matrox fit your needs. IIRC, they
> actually have supported XFree development in the past -- don't know if
> they still do. See also
> http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm
>
> jed

I imagine the question to ask know is this:

If they've supported XFree development in the past, will they also support
X.org development as more and more distro's move away from XFree?

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large