[CLUE-Tech] graphics card recommendation

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Sep 27 14:40:02 MDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:19:50 -0600
Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both nvidia and ati release binary linux drivers for their cards, but
> based on my reading in various mail lists, nvidia do a better job (tm)
> than ati.

Then again, if you don't actually need all the latest gee-whiz stuff from
the latest nvidia or ati cards, would a Matrox fit your needs. IIRC, they
actually have supported XFree development in the past -- don't know if
they still do. See also
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm

jed
--