[clue-tech] Document synchronization

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sun Apr 3 23:39:45 MDT 2005

I recently bought a laptop for the first time.  I really enjoy being
able to work on things other than at home, but now I have this problem
with keeping track of where I put things.  I experienced a little bit of
this dilemna with a UNIX account I have, but of course I could always
get to that remotely.  Now I feel like I've got too many different
things spread across too many systems to keep track of things.  How do
people synchronize their documents?

Ever since I got spoiled using IMAP and being able to have the same mail
everywhere, I've started to want to be able to do the same thing with
all my other documents, code, software,  etc.  I wish there was some way
to create a document repository that worked seamlessly with my
computers.  Something like an online NFS would be nice.

Anyway, does anyone else experience these kind of problems?

Angelo