[clue-tech] Document synchronization

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 00:42:39 MDT 2005

> Ever since I got spoiled using IMAP and being able to have the same
> mail
> everywhere, I've started to want to be able to do the same thing with
> all my other documents, code, software,  etc.  I wish there was some
> way
> to create a document repository that worked seamlessly with my
> computers.  Something like an online NFS would be nice.
>
> Anyway, does anyone else experience these kind of problems?

I think the document equivalent to IMAP would be WEBDAV, there are
servers like apache, or something like OPEN-XCHANGE, just go to
freshmeat and search for webdav.  I'm not sure how mature it is, I'm
just starting to expirement with it.

Brandon

Rebellion is almost as stupid as obedience. In either case you let yourself be defined by what they tell you to do.
-- Paul Graham