[clue-tech] Document synchronization

Michael Riversong mriversong at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 5 08:06:36 MDT 2005

I'm working with about 30 different machines right now, with multiple
operating systems.

The only sane way to keep track of it all is by dumping certain
directories onto CDs, and occasionally copying whole directories.

Writing up a simple text index of documents would work.

Guess it partly depends on how many documents you're working with.  If
the number is too high, then you'd probably need to start some kind of a
database.  The only thing i've seen so far that works cross-platform is
MySQL.

There are some sophisticated version control systems out there that are
used in corporate environments.  I've seen reviews of some in eWeek
lately.  However these are quite expensive and are designed for
administration by IT departments.