[clue-tech] RAID

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 02:50:51 MDT 2005

BTW on most of these cards you have to flash it.
Fortunately there is often software to do this so you
no longer have to get hardware equip to do it.... :)

For example a stock DAC960 requires a certain level of
firmware for the dandelion driver which comes stock in
the kernel to work ... (Curiously ... is that fellow
dead? I used to email him ... can't remember what Alan
said when I mailed him:)

That is a pain especially with the DAC960 where the
BIOS utils left a lot to be desired. Always have had
to use the DOS based utils ... Here is where they get
funny. Compaq evidentally made all Smart controller
low level tools windows based...... You deduce ...

After hours on HP support a kind man gave me rpms for
linux utils .... but why not bios :)

I have more but am sure I am boring you and am boring
myself:)

-Mike

--- "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr."