[clue-tech] Followup to E17

Peter H. drumvudu at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 20 22:01:02 MDT 2005

"Peter H." <drumvudu at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Anyone here in town currently running E17? I am in the process of building
> it in my spare time and it takes awhile considering the only way to build
> the entire thing is to get the tree from CVS and first build all of the
> libraries and then the actual binaries. I was just curios as to experiences
> with it up to this point if anyone is running it. Plus, I will be at the
> next meeting and if you have it on a laptop, I'd love to see what it looks
> like if I haven't had the time to finish it by then..../Peter

Well, since no one else was interested, I will followup this message with " I
got the thing all built and running" It is totally AMAZING! When they are
finished with it, it will be one of the best environments out there! I always
liked E anyway but this is just beyond cool and actually very stable so far.
I have a few screenshots if anyone ever gets interested in it. Building it is
a Loooong adventure but doesn't really require a bunch of dep hunting or
anything, just allot of compilation and you really need to know your system
to set the ./configure params on some of the libs if you want to truly
optimize for your environment....cheers///Peter

--
Peter H.
GPG Key ID: 0xCB8F40BD
drumvudu at mindspring.com