[clue-tech] command line mail fetcher

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 08:23:57 MDT 2005

--- mike havlicek <mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Going old school.. do Elm and Pine not support POP?

IIRC elm was never able to use POP/IMAP but it doesn't matter since I
believe it was never made Y2K compliant and was superseded by mutt
(which allegedly CAN do POP/IMAP).

I'm pretty sure pine can use POP/IMAP but I never liked pine and never
used it.

Regardless, I agree with everyone else in that I think the right way to
do this is using fetchmail -> procmail. I already use this albeit not
with SSL & gmail but that shouldn't matter; it's been a few years since
I looked at the configuration but everything I did was performed by a
nonpriviliged user, required some dot-files (.forward, .procmailrc,
.fetchmailrc) in that uer's home directory.

ct