[clue-tech] Gateway Internal/External Web Page Issue

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sat Apr 23 14:22:56 MDT 2005

> Here's the trouble:  that works fine from OUTSIDE my private network.
> From the INSIDE, the static IP is the Zoom router; it does not forward
> http requests from the inside.  Thus I get the Zoom configuration web
> page from links to my IP inside my network.

This behavior (or just timing out) seems to be common with these NAT
devices.  I think this has something to do with NAT and how the routers
handle the requests that come from inside the system.  I'd think this
shouldn't be a problem, but since you are the 4th person I know of who
has mentioned this, it must be more difficult than I thought.

> This is a nuisance.  I can, and have, moved the Zoom web config.
> interface off of port 80.  Is there simple way to redirect requests
> for my static IP port 80 to Keats port 80 on my (small) internal
> network?  I have two linux machines: I imagine I can use iptables for
> those.   But what about my iMac and the Windows laptop?

The only thing I could think of to do is modify /etc/hosts but that
doesn't apply to just port 80

Angelo