OT: Re: [clue-tech] Yet Another Stallman Interview

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Apr 23 19:09:25 MDT 2005

Guess I'll make it official that we're OT here...

Collins Richey wrote:
[...]
> Yeah, pretty typical RMS. Not surprising that he's fond of the ACLU,
> and having said that, that he believes that the last two elections
> were stolen.

The first I read of RMS I thought, "wow, he's kinda out there".  And
whenever I try to express a position on software licensing I find that
his is closest to what strikes me as "best" (from a user perspective,
naturally).

But outside of that it puzzles me why anyone cares what he thinks.  Just
like Linus's book makes it clear that you shouldn't ask his advice on
anything beyond kernel development.