[clue-tech] Any docmgr users?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 06:41:45 MDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:
> Jeff Cann wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 April 2005 9:01 pm, Collins Richey wrote:
> >
> >>If any of you have run docmgr or other PHP/PostgreSql apps, I would
> >>appreciate help.
> >
> > The biggest issue I've had with postgres is setting up the configuration
> > security in the pg_hba.conf file.

The comments in that file say that all local users have access via any
type of sockets.

> Yes ... have you enabled TCP access to PostgreSQL?

netstat -a | grep 5432
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     5239   /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

> > Also, did you see anything in the postgres logs?

Found no user readable logs. some binary format logs in /var/lib/pgsql/data.

> That would be nice. I can't say about CentOS, but it seems that some
> distros disable most PostGres logging by default. So the absence of log
> messages doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a problem.

CentOS appears tio use defaults. /etc/sysconfig/pgsql is empty.

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,