[clue-tech] Any docmgr users?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Apr 25 11:07:33 MDT 2005

Collins Richey wrote:

> The comments in that file say that all local users have access via any
> type of sockets.
>
>>Yes ... have you enabled TCP access to PostgreSQL?
>
> netstat -a | grep 5432
> unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     5239   /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

OK, looks like it's only listening on a Unix domain socket. Now, I may
have been off-base--I was thinking of PHP as a form of remote access, so
that it would probably require TCP. But I'm not sure of that. Best check
the docs to see how PHP is supposed to access PostgreSQL.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA