[clue-tech] Any docmgr users?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:18:47 MDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Jeff Cann <j.cann at isuma.org> wrote:
> On Monday 25 April 2005 1:14 am, Matt Gushee wrote:
> > Jeff Cann wrote:
> > >
> > > The biggest issue I've had with postgres is setting up the configuration
> > > security in the pg_hba.conf file.
> >
> > Yes ... have you enabled TCP access to PostgreSQL?
>
> Oh yeah, I forgot about the tcpip_socket = true in postgresql.conf.
>
> AFAIK, most apps will use TCP/IP, not necessarily a socket connection.  But,
> you should be able to connect to psql via user, password, database specified
> in your php app to confirm you can do it manually.

Thanks for all the pointers. After massive googling and
experimentation, I got past the impasse.

The standard pg_hba.conf entry appears not to work.
      host    all      all   127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255   trust
I had to add a specific line for database/user.
      host    docmgr      collins   127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255   trust

Also the standard pg_connect in docmgr code
     pg_connect("host=$dbhost port=$dbport user=$dbuser password=$dbpassword
            dbname=$dbname")
had to be changed to
     pg_connect("host=$dbhost user=$dbuser dbname=$dbname")
ie let port and password default.

Meanwhile, docmgr is a POS. The text boxes are garbled on firefox:
text 2/3 below the bottom edge of the box. I just hate it when
supposedly experienced coders can't produce a display that works!

I don't think I want to try to patch this, so it's sayonara.

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,