[clue-tech] ctrl-u in mozilla

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 07:56:01 MDT 2005

On 4/29/05, mike havlicek <mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anybody know why ctrl-u in the url field of mozilla
> distributed thru Enterprise RedHat AS v.4 now brings
> up the source for the page rather than matching with
> the emacs keybindings which would cut/copy the entry?
> Or how to configure it otherwise? I got the same
> version directly from mozilla.org and the old behavior
> still works with the tar.x version ... hmmm .. haven't
> configed and built netscape based browsers for a while

My primary browser has been Opera until Phoenix->Firebird->Firefox so
I don't know much power features from Mozilla such as ctrl+u to
cut/copy.  I do know that in Phoenix/Firefox it has always been for
viewing source.  Maybe this recent change is part of making Firefox
the dominant product in the Mozilla stable and therefore moving
towards the Firefox keybindings in other products...

You are using the Mozilla suite instead of Firefox, right?

Regards,
Greg