[clue-tech] ctrl-u in mozilla

Dirk Huizenga dirk at biztechwiz.com
Sat Apr 30 08:39:15 MDT 2005

mike havlicek wrote:

>Anybody know why ctrl-u in the url field of mozilla
>distributed thru Enterprise RedHat AS v.4 now brings
>up the source for the page rather than matching with
>the emacs keybindings which would cut/copy the entry?
>Or how to configure it otherwise? I got the same
>version directly from mozilla.org and the old behavior
>still works with the tar.x version ... hmmm .. haven't
>configed and built netscape based browsers for a while

Maybe your GNOME setting was changed some how or you upgraded to a
version of Mozilla that has the behavior stated below.  Excerpt from my
Firefox Help might be your answer.
<quote>

This is a list of the most common keyboard shortcuts in Mozilla Firefox
compared with the shortcuts to equivalent actions in Internet Explorer
and Opera. If you have enabled Emacs-style text editing shortcuts in
GNOME, they will also work in Firefox. When an Emacs text editing
shortcut conflicts with the default shortcuts (as occurs with
CtrlCmd+K), the Emacs shortcut will take preference if focus is inside a
textbox (which would include the location bar and search bar). In such
cases you should use the alternate keyboard shortcut if one is listed below.

//</quote>

Shortcut table deleted for the HTML challenged.

Dirk.