[clue-tech] Plutohome - super duper integrated pvr/home automation/phone etc?

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Thu Aug 4 13:36:39 MDT 2005

Hey all...I just stumbled across this commercial product called
Plutohome (http://plutohome.com) which from their website claims to do
damn near everything when it comes to pvr, home automation, phones etc.

So here's the kicker...they do it with all opensource software ie for
the pvr they use MythTV, for HA use Misterhouse (I think) and for phones
they use Asterisk. Well I have to say from their website alone I'm
impressed. If this can do half of what they clam then I'm there. It
appears you can download everything for free from their dev site at
http://plutohome.org. The reason that I'm asking here instead of doing
all this myself is that I was hoping that somebody else has already
tried PlutoHome and can confirm or deny what all it can do before I blow
countless hours trying to get it to work.

If anybody has any info on this I'd appreciate you sharing...and if
you've never heard of PlutoHome I encourage you to at least look at
it..if nothing else their ideas are good ones.

Chris