[clue-tech] Driver Disk?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Aug 7 07:30:05 MDT 2005

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:15:36 -0600
William wrote:

> How do I create a driver disk from my existing CentOS 3 installation
> that will place the appropriate drivers onto floppy such that the CentOS
> 4 installer can use them?

Go find the Kernel Building HOWTO. You want to build a kernel module, and
then have the kernel load it -- probably at boot time.

> Please be explicit in detail -- I don't know
> what it means to "build a new megaraid.ko", as written elsewhere.

"ko" is "kernel object". You know how, if you compile a regular type
program, the compiler output is an object file named somename.o? Same
thing, except it's for the kernel.

As for being "explicit in detail", you might find you get better/more
help, on any forum or mailing list, if it doesn't appear as if you're
asking someone to pick up a spoon and feed you.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E