[clue-tech] CLUE jabber server?

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:19:12 MST 2005

On 12/14/05, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> So not much use at my office, where we can't figure out calendaring in
> Outlook ;-)

I get hundreds of messages a day in my inbox.  Sometimes they are like this:

"Hey, let's get lunch"
"Dude, where"
"Arby's?"
"Nah, taco bell."
"Bro - I hate TOXIC HELL"
"Dude, chipotle"
"Hey, that's a great idea."
"Cool we're on."

Do I really need that in my inbox?  No way.

Do I want to use the phone?  And make a 4 way conference call to the
people that were involved.  No, this conversation probably starts at
10:00 and doesn't end until 11:30, and people come and go from it, so
the phone would add more time, not speed it up.

> So if CLUE sets up IM, who can I get to with it?  Other CLUE members?

Anyone else on a jabber network, if it's all set up hunky-dorily.  You
can use it to IM with google talk folks, jabber.org folks, etc.

> Not sure I care.  Or can I set up my own IM lists for random people I know?

Yeah, that.  But only if these random folks use some sort of a jabber
server as well.  Google (and others) are trying to make IM a
"client/network neutral" system just like email mostly is - but it's
taking time.

Greg