[clue-tech] Linux on a Dell PowerEdge 2300?

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 00:33:48 MST 2005

--- Alex Young wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 20:20:00 -0800 (PST), William <bkimball1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- Dave Price wrote:
> > > Just an FYI - I just set up a 2300 with hardware SCSI raid - I could
> > > not find any distro that included the drivers except for RH Enterprise
> > > Server which was NOT free .., but is supported by Dell.
> >
> > Off hand, do you know which driver you ended up using?
>
> I have a 2300 happily running debian - I used the iso from this site
> to get it up and then recompiled the kernel with the options I needed:
>
> http://wiki.osuosl.org/display/LNX/Debian+on+Dell+Servers

Okay, but do you recall what driver you ended up using (either way)?  :)  I'm hoping to get Fedora
Core 3 on this machine since I'm upgrading all my RedHat/Fedora machines to Core 3 as time
permits.  I need to know what driver worked for you to see if I can download it and enjoy success
with Fedora.  :)

Thanks!

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)