[clue-tech] Dual-Layer DVD Burner for Linux

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu Feb 17 12:34:47 MST 2005

On 17 Feb 2005, at 11:41 AM, Kiawud wrote:

> Is anyone using a dual-layer dvd burner on their linux systems?  If
> so, which ones and how well is it working?
>
> I just purchased an LG Dual-Layer burner and plan to use it on my
> Gentoo system, but once I open it, I can't really return it.
>
> So, before I break the seal, I'm hoping someone can tell me if this
> will work or if I should take it back and purchase a different brand
> (or just avoid dual-layer altogether).

I have a drive that supports DL, and I believe I have read that the
Linux software does as well, but I am sorry that I can't help you
specifically, as I have never tested it (DL disks are damn expensive!)

But I have had great luck with things like DVD burners -- they just
work with Linux.  Mine is an NEC 2500A

Tim
Timothy Klein: tecce at silverklein.net
Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp