[clue-tech] Ices

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. jnagyjr at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Tue Jan 4 10:40:07 MST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 07:35:46AM -0700, David Anselmi wrote the following:
> Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> >I've posted to the Iceast mailing list but it doesn't look very active, so
> >I'm asking here. My ices config.xml is causing ices to segmentation fault,
> >can anyone fix it while telling me what I was doing wrong? Thanks.
>
> So could you post the error you get?  Why do you think it's your config
> causing it (i.e., a bug in the config file parse code) rather than
> something else?

The exact error is

Segmentation Fault

because when I run just "ices" I get the following:

jnagyjr at joseph-a-nagy-jr ~ $ ices
IceS 2.0.0
  (c) Copyright 2001-2004 The IceS Development Team <team at icecast.org>
        Michael Smith <msmith at icecast.org>
        Karl Heyes    <karl at xiph.org>
        and others

Usage: "ices config.xml"

> [...]
> >        </metadata>
> >         Input
> >        <instance>
>
> I don't know anything about this, but notice that most of your data in
> contained in open/close tags, except this Input line.  (Well,
> technically it may be the data for <stream> but it looks odd anyway.)

I have a revised xml which doesn't have that line and it still Segmentation
Faults when reading the config.xml

It doesn't help that the documentation for ices is incomplete. ):

--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at)