[clue-tech] Best practice network design?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jan 4 15:58:08 MST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:10:21 -0700 (MST)
Chris Schock wrote:

> My problem is this: I need to have a Windows server in the DMZ
> authenticate users against the Windows Domain, but in order for this to
> work I have to open every single blessed port Windows talks on to make
> it work - making the DMZ completely useless.

Can you have your DMZ box use a VPN or something like that? It'd be only
one more port open on the firewall, for the VPN tunnel.

Maybe there's some Windoze user groups?
http://www.google.com/search?q=denver+microsoft+users+group&sa=++Google+Search++&lr=lang_en

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E