[clue-tech] Best practice network design?

Hani Duwaik hduwaik at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 20:52:03 MST 2005

It doesn't surprise me that Windows doesn't have a secure method of
distributing authentication.

However, I came across this website/doc:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?FamilyID=c2ef3846-43f0-4caf-9767-a9166368434e&displaylang=en

A quick look at the doc seems to indicate that there are a few
categories for authentication (ie: User Login and Authentication,
Computer Login and Authentication, Establishing an Explicit Trust
Between Domains, etc.) with differing port requirements for each.

Out of curiousity, which category applies to what you are attempting?
I hopefully will never have to manage a Windows network, but just in
case, it wouldn't hurt to know (plus, it's good information to have as
an argument against Windows)

-Hani

P.S.:  I would have attached the Word doc, but it's 5Mb.