[clue-tech] trouble installing Suse THANK YOU

John S Brigham mrphysh at juno.com
Thu Jan 6 08:14:22 MST 2005

I had trouble installing SuSE.

Symptoms:  The Dell booted up and , after a series of screens, the YaST
started the installation.
                    After maybe 5 minutes, a red box appeared
"installation halted.   Okay"
                    When the "okay" was checked a linuxrc box appears.
                    I click "recover system" and get an error,
"insufficient RAM memory"
                    I took the computer back to vendor.  He said that it
needs more RAM for Linux.
                    He put in another stick of memory and I am up and
running.

I am committed to Linux and thinking of studying Unix.

Cheers

John