[clue-tech] OT: Cisco PIX VPN quesion

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Jan 6 22:02:53 MST 2005

Mike Staver wrote:
> Is there anybody out there familar with setting up a Cisco PIX VPN and
> using PPTP to connect to it? If so, please email me off list. I'm having
> a problem while troubleshooting a connection. Thanks!

Sadly, no.  I might not have left my last job if they'd let me help with
the VPN design/config.

But the PIX will do L2TP and IPSEC, which is built in to Win 2k and
later (2k may need the right service pack, IIRC).  And it has its own
fancy-shmancy client that runs on Win and Linux.  Maybe that helps and
you can let PPTP die (it's time, after all).