[clue-tech] Cron question

George Gammel ggammel1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 12:36:19 MST 2005

Hi folks--

I need a little help with this one.  I want to set up a cron job to run at
8:30 PM on Monday thru Friday.  First, I checked if there were any existing
crontab files and found that there were not by using crontab -l command.
Then, I created a text file which contains this:

30 Tab 20 Tab * Tab * Tab 1-5 Tab /home/gggammel/Downloads/Daily_Wget.sh

Then, I ran crontab with the textfile filename.  It appears to have accepted
the new crontab and will list out the above text when I enter crontab -l.
The crontab file is present in /var/spool/cron and also contains the above
text.  There are no allow or deny files.  But, it doesn't seem to do anything
at 8:30 PM.

The shell script file (Daily_Wget.sh) works fine when I manually launch it by
double cliking it in Konqueror. According to the Mandrake Control Center,
cron is listed as an active service, so it appears to be running.  What am I
missing?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
George Gammel