[clue-tech] handheld recommendations

John Hamilton jham01 at sanoke.com
Fri Jan 14 15:05:09 MST 2005

I have a Palm Tungsten T3 that I really like. I sync it to my Mandrake
10.1 PC using jpilot and I've been able to easily do backups and
download new applications, etc. I regularly install ebooks from
palmdigitalmedia and have not trouble reading them. I added a 512MB SD
flash card which I've loaded with a couple hundred ogg and mp3 files so
I can now use it like an IPod by using a Palm application called pTunes.
I don't use Outlook so I enter my appointments by hand but I can either
do that through jpilot on my PC or directly into the T3. It really
doesn't take that much time to do. It really depends on what you want to
use if for but I've found that mine works great for reading ebooks,
keeping my schedule and address book straight, playing music, and
keeping a list of notes on various things and tasks that I need to
remember. If that's what you are looking for then I would strongly
recommend a T3. Even better, you don't need to go anywhere near
Microsoft to use it.

John Hamilton