[clue-tech] weird dns problem

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Sun Jan 16 11:49:49 MST 2005

At 04:36 PM 1/13/2005, you wrote:
>Jeff Falgout wrote:
>>Charles Oriez wrote:
>[...]
>>>#MASQUERADE_AS(`grassroots.sierraclub.org')        <==== commented out
>>Change the "#" to "dnl"  - the mc file doesn't recognize # as a comment.
>>That looks like your problem.
>
>Aren't you glad you use sendmail?

yep.

as a followup -

the machine is configured as grendel.sierraclub.org, which is not a valid
domain.  what configuration file do I modify to make outbound mail from
root that is generated by a cron job to have root at grassroots.sierraclub.org
rather than root at grendel.sierraclub.org as the originating email
address.  That was the purpose of the MASQUERADE command above. Since we
can't use that for the reasons Jeff determined, I need an alternative.  I
suppose we can add an MX record, but do we have other alternatives.
(domains that drop mail from nonexistent addresses reject mail from grendel
now)

--
charlie.oriez at rmc.sierraclub.org      39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00'
06.3"W       AIM handle caoriez