[clue-tech] weird dns problem

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sun Jan 16 11:53:53 MST 2005

> the machine is configured as grendel.sierraclub.org, which is not a
> valid domain.  what configuration file do I modify to make outbound
> mail from root that is generated by a cron job to have
> root at grassroots.sierraclub.org rather than root at grendel.sierraclub.org
> as the originating email address.  That was the purpose of the
> MASQUERADE command above. Since we can't use that for the reasons Jeff
> determined, I need an alternative.  I suppose we can add an MX record,
> but do we have other alternatives. (domains that drop mail from
> nonexistent addresses reject mail from grendel now)

The generics table.

You have to add:

FEATURE(`genericstable', `dbm /etc/mail/genericstable')dnl
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domains')dnl

then create |/etc/mail/genericstable, each entry in this file should be
something like this
user   from-address

This is like the virtusertable if you have it.

Angelo