[clue-tech] SuSE 9.2 free from Novell

Chris Schock black at clapthreetimes.com
Sun Jan 16 15:38:10 MST 2005

> I applaud this, I really do - however I'm one of those guys that hates
> wasting bandwidth everytime I want to install an OS... would it be
> against Suse/Novell's policy for someone to offer a CD set of 9.2 in iso
> format for download? I'm guessing it probably is, but I thought I'd
> check once again.

They should also offer a torrent, many distributions are catching on to
this and it makes downloading much easier than constantly banging on a
full and sluggish FTP server.

To get 9.1 I had to google for a torrent that offered it, and I don't
believe it was from Suse. A situation like that is ripe for unofficial
distributions containing trojans and rootkits.