[clue-tech] FC4 grub woes

Jeff Cann j.cann at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 21:17:37 MDT 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 7:29 pm, Collins Richey wrote:
> In the above quoted material, I don't understand what you mean by
> "anaconda needing to build a new map".  Why would a new map be needed
> if you haven't changed the partition setup?

Collins,

It's an assumption based on the new version of grub and because during the
upgrade, I selected 'upgrade grub'.  Also, since it didn't boot at all before
I ran the grub-install --recheck /dev/hda, I also thought that the --recheck
built new stage1 and stage2 binaries.

It's working fine, just wondering why the upgrade didn't work.

Jeff