[clue-tech] Qwest Choice Internet Basic (DSL) Gotcha - bridge mode not supported?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Jul 19 16:49:23 MDT 2005

Jeff Cann wrote:
[...]
> But, to get some ideas on how people are setting up for NAT on Linux was my
> aim in this post.  I probably wasn't clear enough on this point ;0

If you want to do NAT on a Linux box all you need is 2 NICs and
iptables.  With correct NIC configs, default gateway, and ip_forward,
it'll route just fine.  Then you put the NAT rules in iptables and
you're done.

You can get various add-ons to do pointy-clicky config of the NAT/filter
but the necessary pieces are built in.