[clue-tech] pwunconv

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Jun 3 10:12:44 MDT 2005

Mike Staver wrote:

> How long should the pwunconv command take?  I started it 5 minutes ago
> on a dual AMD box running WBEL 3.0.  I'm simply trying to get the
> passwords unshadowed so I can move them to a new box, and then shadow
> them again.  I'm thinking something is wrong - and if so, how do I
> stop this process without borking my /etc/passwd file?

By the way, if this program is putting the passwords in to /etc/passwd
itself instead of /etc/shadow I think it wont' be a problem to stop this
midway, and just delete the passwords from /etc/passwd

Hopefully it doesn't touch /etc/shadow or /etc/passwd at all, but rather
creates a new file for you.

Angelo