[clue-tech] Digital Concepts cameras w/ Linux?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Tue Jun 7 10:32:06 MDT 2005

So, I've been seeing these absurdly cheap digital cameras ($25-50 range)
being sold under the brand name Digital Concepts, and I'm wondering if
they will work with Linux (obviously I'm not going to attempt fine art
with one of these--just need some quick snaps for the Web).

I did a Web search yesterday, but couldn't find any technical info on
these puppies (e.g. whether they support any of the standard protocols).
They're made (or maybe just distributed) by a company called Sakar
International; the Sakar Web site has some FAQs on the cameras, but
doesn't seem to show them in the product listing.

Has anyone tried one of these cameras, or do you know of anyone who has?

Thanks for all info.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA