[clue-tech] Mozilla locks up FC2 system, forces hard reboot

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:43:40 MDT 2005

Hey BOF,

> What is happening? And do I really need to run the file system integrity
> check when rebooting?

That's really odd. I've seen similar things, but I've usually traced it
to bad hardware (mostly RAM) rather than a specific app. (It may look
like a specific application, if you happen to use that application the
most...)

Have you checked /var/log/messages and so forth to see if there's any
indication of what might be going on? How much RAM do you have in the
system? Is it possible it's just running out of free memory?

I would suggest running the fsck when rebooting.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <xonker at gmail.com>

"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart