[clue-tech] interesting computer case

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jun 14 11:51:40 MDT 2005

Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I came across this interesting case in a magazine: www.highspeedpc.com

That looks like a case the FCC needs to hear about... there's no way
that thing passes FCC Part 15 device qualifications.  "Must not cause
harmful interference".

I'm sure it meets the "must accept all harmful interference" part,
though... I'll be right over to key a 5W handheld radio next to it and
watch whoever's working on it scream and cry as it reboots and freaks
out and they lose a few hours of work.

Any of my neighbors buys one of those, I'll be over to ask them to quit
leaking RF on multiple bands and wiping out my licensed stations.  Put
that thing in a faraday cage!

Good lord.
I'm not an EE and even I can see that case is a nightmare of RF leakage.
Bad bad bad electrical engineer!  (And yes, I purposefully lowercased
the "e" in engineer on that one!)  No donut!

Nate