[clue-tech] interesting computer case

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:19:25 MDT 2005

Nate Duehr wrote:
> Dennis J Perkins wrote:
>
>> I came across this interesting case in a magazine: www.highspeedpc.com
>

> That looks like a case the FCC needs to hear about... there's no way
> that thing passes FCC Part 15 device qualifications.  "Must not cause
> harmful interference".

I'd be curious to see whether most cases on the market pass that test.

I really don't see any difference between someone using this case, (or
workbench) and when I just put a mb on a piece of foam or a board and
test it.

Also, does FCC part 15 apply to computer cases? It's been ages since I
worked in radio and worried about FCC rules and regs.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <xonker at gmail.com>

"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart