[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 22:12:56 MDT 2005

--- Jeff Cann wrote:
> I'm thinking that I need to switch to DSL so I can run a port 80 web server
> without having constant interruptions by comcast.  Anyone have
> recommendations for Denver area DSL ISPs?  I need a static IP, RDNS, and the
> ability to add DNS CNAME records easily (e.g., through a web site).
>
> I appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Jeff

I've been using Front Range Internet, Inc. (FRII, www.frii.net, 303-448-5599) since about February
2001.  I've had IDSL and ADSL (I moved in 2002 and upgraded to the better bandwidth while SAVING
money) with them and I've had nothing but great service the whole time -- they're proactive about
informing you when cost savings or better bandwidth become available.  They are very quick to
respond to trouble calls with easy and free escalation, as necessary -- direct access to the NOC,
if needed, and they're willing to experiment if issues get particularly sticky.  For example, I'm
a Cisco technician and I'm using an "unsupported, but oh-so-much-better than the leased stuff"
router at home.  They made special tweaks to their perimeter equipment just to support my
equipment.  Additionally, I have a static subnet, over which I host seven servers with far more
than just web service -- no hassle.  I very highly recommend FRII.  :)

William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)