[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

Peter Motykowski peter at motyka.org
Thu Jun 30 10:29:34 MDT 2005

Adrian Noland wrote:

> Better late than never....
>
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Jeff Cann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm thinking that I need to switch to DSL so I can run a port 80 web
>> server
>> without having constant interruptions by comcast.  Anyone have
>> recommendations for Denver area DSL ISPs?  I need a static IP, RDNS,
>> and the
>> ability to add DNS CNAME records easily (e.g., through a web site).
>>
>> I appreciate any suggestions.
>>
>> Jeff
>
> I always suggest datawest.net. I've used them for dial up since 1999 and
> DSL since 2000 or 2001. A static IP is part of their Deluxe or Pro
> package or whatever Qwest is calling it these days. Even though he is a
> Windows shop his attitude towards Linux is netural and doesn't mind
> running services. I talked him into changing the PTR of my ip address
> for my domain and I run mine on my own hardware.

I've been using Qwest Choice DSL for a little over a year now.  I get a
static IP and full control of my PTR record via a web interface.  I've
been hosting services for my personal domain from this connection since
day one.  Overall, I couldn't be happier with the service.  Now that
I've finally found a Cisco 675 DSL modem, I'm smitten.

Peter Motykowski: peter at motyka.org
Web Site: http://motyka.org
AIM: VeganPablo