[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jun 30 14:56:19 MDT 2005

Peter Motykowski wrote:

> I've been using Qwest Choice DSL for a little over a year now.  I get a
> static IP and full control of my PTR record via a web interface.  I've
> been hosting services for my personal domain from this connection since
> day one.  Overall, I couldn't be happier with the service.  Now that
> I've finally found a Cisco 675 DSL modem, I'm smitten.

Would you mind sharing what Qwest's pricing looks like on this service
nowadays, and more importantly, how it breaks down on the bill?  (I
assume there's some kind of charge for the static IP, for example.)

I love my FRII connection *through* Qwest as transport, and FRII's
customer service rocks -- but I'm kinda half-heartedly shopping around
right now.

It seems that prices for the speeds I'm at have fallen, and I'm
overpaying now... a little bit.

It might be nice to get a higher speed out of the same dollars and still
have a static IP (or two).

Nate