[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:36:10 MDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 14:56 -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Peter Motykowski wrote:
>
> > I've been using Qwest Choice DSL for a little over a year now.  I get a
> > static IP and full control of my PTR record via a web interface.  I've
> > been hosting services for my personal domain from this connection since
> > day one.  Overall, I couldn't be happier with the service.  Now that
> > I've finally found a Cisco 675 DSL modem, I'm smitten.
>
> Would you mind sharing what Qwest's pricing looks like on this service
> nowadays, and more importantly, how it breaks down on the bill?  (I
> assume there's some kind of charge for the static IP, for example.)

Well, as I just changed to Qwest.net, I have all sorts of bookmarks for
them.  For example, here is the page breaking down the Static IP:

http://www.qwest.net/nav4/solutions/pwr_tools/static_ip/product_info/staticip.html
or http://tinyurl.com/dkn7l if it gets chomped.

Now, that said, I could never seem to get the people I talked to to
admit you could lease a static IP.  Since I don't really need it, I
didn't care too much, but you might have to work a bit to find a
salesman who can help.

Matt

--
The mayfly lives only one day, and sometimes it rains. - Geo. Carlin
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/