[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

WFT Electronics, Gus Salvatore Calabrese wft at frii.com
Thu Jun 30 20:31:57 MDT 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Peter Motykowski wrote:

Nate Duehr wrote:

> Peter Motykowski wrote:
>
>> I've been using Qwest Choice DSL for a little over a year now.  I
>> get a static IP and full control of my PTR record via a web
>> interface.  I've been hosting services for my personal domain from
>> this connection since day one.  Overall, I couldn't be happier
>> with the service.  Now that I've finally found a Cisco 675 DSL
>> modem, I'm smitten.
>>
> Would you mind sharing what Qwest's pricing looks like on this
> service nowadays, and more importantly, how it breaks down on the
> bill?  (I assume there's some kind of charge for the static IP, for
> example.)
> I love my FRII connection *through* Qwest as transport, and FRII's
> customer service rocks -- but I'm kinda half-heartedly shopping
> around right now.
> It seems that prices for the speeds I'm at have fallen, and I'm
> overpaying now... a little bit.
> It might be nice to get a higher speed out of the same dollars and
> still have a static IP (or two).
> Nate

The total monthly fee for my net connection is 48.94.  Included in
that is the static IP fee of 5.95 and the modem rental fee of 5.00.
Here is a snapshot of my bill.

http://motyka.org/images/misc/qwest.png

The actual 5.00 fee for the modem rental shows up on another part of
the bill.  Hopefully that will go away after I mail back the
Actiontec and get my Cisco 675 in place.

FYI, here is the breakdown of Qwest's static IP offereings:

http://www.qwest.net/nav4/solutions/pwr_tools/static_ip/product_info/
staticip.html

Peter Motykowski: peter at motyka.org
Web Site: http://motyka.org
AIM: VeganPablo

I have 3 CISCO 675s for free if someone can use them or wants a
backup unit.....
Gus