[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

Jeff Cann j.cann at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 16:35:00 MDT 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 4:32 pm, Jeff Cann wrote:
> On Thursday 30 June 2005 10:29 am, Peter Motykowski wrote:
> > I've been using Qwest Choice DSL for a little over a year now.  I get a
> > static IP and full control of my PTR record via a web interface.
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Did you have to get more than 1 static IP to have control of the PTR?

On other question, what is the value of your PTR?  Send me your IP address off
list so I can see if you have the control I'm wanting.  The control I want is
to completely remap my IP addresses to a given domain, unassociated with
Qwest, e.g.,

123.123.123.123 ==> example.com

Some DSL only allow

123.123.123.123 ==> 1.0.168.192.IN-ADDR.ARPA

which will not pass rDNS spam prevention by a lot of ISPs (like AOL).

Thanks!
Jeff