[clue-tech] DSL ISP recommendations

Jeff Cann j.cann at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 16:32:19 MDT 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 10:29 am, Peter Motykowski wrote:

> I've been using Qwest Choice DSL for a little over a year now.  I get a
> static IP and full control of my PTR record via a web interface.

Hi Peter,

Did you have to get more than 1 static IP to have control of the PTR?  The
sales woman I spoke with at Qwest didn't know about rDNS, so I sent her a
link and asked her to check with their support  She said, that 'yes, you can
configure rDNS, but you have to purchase the 8 static IPs (at 14.95 a month,
$50 setup; 5 usable) vs 1 static IP (at 5.95 a month, $25 setup).

Thanks
Jeff